Feeling Okay

Image by Nicky ❀️🌿🐞🌿❀️ from Pixabay

Just a day –

that’s all it takes
to feel okay.

A day without worrying.

A day full of joy.

That’s all it takes
to feel okay –
to feel happy.

Just a day –
a day of goodness
in the heart
and in the waves.

Words from the Author – Tierra Herron

When I was writing this poem I was actually having a bad day. I cope with my bad days by writing poems and putting my emotions on a page rather than taking it out on others. When I wrote this I was feeling upset and I just kept telling myself letting these little things get to me the way I do is how I become so angry. Therefore, I decided to write about how to find other ways to make yourself feel okay without giving up or without letting people get the best of you. With all that being said, I think the real reason I wrote this was that I’m a person that tends to try and give up easily and I have found out that is not the way to leave things. I didn’t want to leave things knowing I gave up and failed. Writing this I was hoping to try and give others hope on not giving up either and to keep pushing forward.

Revision Decision:

I have organized this piece to show more emotion. The simple sentences; the dashes; and the repetition of “to feel” gives the reader a chance to pause and experience joy. Not only that, I think that it shows how much heart and effort I put into it.