Continuing My Journey

Photo by Valiphotos on Pixabay

The journey began so quickly.
It came out of nowhere.
I was not prepared.
You let me go in a way I didn’t want
but, the way it ended, I had to go.

You tore me from what made me happy.
Now that I’m finally happy, you continue.

You continue to fight for
something you started.
You planned for this.
You chose it.

Now let me begin
my journey where I started
and, this time,
know where I’m going to finish.

Words from the Author – Emma Decker

At the beginning of summer, I found where I found myself happy, and where I can be free. Not have to stress, and be able to make my choices. At the end of summer, my plan didn’t work out, and my dad made me move back and from where I felt like I belonged. After many harsh months, I was able to go back where I was set free, and be able to make my choices better for me, and feel like where I was meant to be. He pushed me to do this, where I didn’t even choose for it to happen so soon. But here I am being able to choose my own happiness, and to be set free.

Revision Decision

I wanted to make it so I could state that my journey happened out of nowhere. And being able to figure out my way there from being so unprepared. From the second part I wanted to say that he was the one who continues to do this stuff, and take away things that make me happy. And from where I belong, “You” chose this dad. “You” planned for this dad. He continues to down me, and prove to him this is where I’m going to finish.

2 thoughts on “Continuing My Journey

1. I think it’s amazing how much better we are the 2nd or 3rd time at trying something. I think we learn as we go and steadily improve. I am a firm believer in trying to help family and friends and being respectful to people, but at the end of the day, we have to stand up for what we believe in and do what makes us happy, while still taking advice and being polite. We still have to follow our hearts and passions. Terrific poem layout and I love the winding road with the beautiful leaves for your poem photo.

• I agree, Mr Kern. Very wise words. I enjoyed your poem, Emma. I believe that a good piece of writing connects to the reader in a personal way. The lines

You continue to fight for something you started.
      You planned for this.
      You chose it.

Truly resonates with how I feel about pieces of my own journey through life. Nice work.