‘Til the End

Image by StockSnap from Pixabay

I walk through my head glancing at each memory.
How much longer is there to go on my journey?
For there is a limit. How far can I stretch?
How far can I go before I snag my end?
Don’t stretch too far for it may snap back.

Words from the Author – Jess Blake

I am a 14-year-old female and when I wrote this poem I was feeling intense emotions such as feeling stuck, needing to move forward, and always going for the next best thing. I keep feeling like I need to do better or not feeling enough. This short poem was more of a warning to myself. A reminder that it is okay to not be perfect or to stay where I am for a little while. School becomes difficult because school IS the next best thing. School is where you keep moving forward so then that sticks and it gets difficult. School becomes harder to manage as time goes on and more difficult to step out of bed.

Revision Decision:

I added the picture to add to my poem. To add more imagery of a stretching rubber band. The last three lines made me think of a snapping rubber band, so I thought this picture fit perfectly.

One thought on “‘Til the End

1. Jess,
    Amazing work! I love the words you wrote at the end of your piece and your reasoning for writing the poem. It is absolutely okay to not be perfect. I am proud of you for sticking with school and working so hard each day!