My Father’s Eyes

Image by Pexels from Pixabay

My father’s eyes –
the color of the ocean.

Filled with years of memories
like waves in an ocean.

Watching me GROW big and tall
– I see myself in my father’s eyes.

My protector.
My hero.

My eyes
– the color of the ocean.

His eyes
– the other half

where the tides
ebb and flow.

Words from the Author – Katelynn Mester

This piece is important because it came from a place in my heart. I wanted to do something special for my dad. He deserves the world. The world he gave me, and I work everyday to show him how important he is to me.

Revision Decision:
At first this piece did not look like this. It was much longer and had different words and meanings. I decided to make it different because my dad likes small and meaningful things. We both believe that it’s the little things that matter. I knew he would pay attention to this little things that has so much meaning.

2 thoughts on “My Father’s Eyes

1. I love that you appreciate your Dad so much! It’s refreshing to hear a student splash such flowery appreciative compliments about their dad… I always found it interesting that I have the same color as my Dad’s eyes, but the same shape and eyelashes as my Mom. Keep up the good work Katie!

2. Love. Love. Love. This. Especially since it reminds me of my relationship with my father. It gives me an idea to write a poem about our shared heart. Thank you. I’m so proud of you.